today is all about last

minute preparations... and sinus headaches.  I took Benadryl earlier and it knocked me out.  I also had peppermint oil going in the diffuser AND was a couple of hours in on a decongestant.  This weather needs to make up its mind because my head needs a break.

I was out in the yard at 5:30 this morning positioning all the lights for tonight.  I think we're just about set.

We're stocked up on candy.


Why is it that we pick through it, trying to get the "good stuff" before the trick-or-treaters come?  We bought it for the trick-or-treaters.  Also, I go to the store several times a week.  In one of those trips, I could easily pick up a Kit Kat bar.  I'm calling it Halloween Logic... and greed.

Speaking of candy, Lauren said I need this sign hanging in front of one of my spotlights.


I'm waiting for it to dry now.  I probably won't put it out until just before the kids start to come because I checked my weather app and it'll probably rain.  That SUCKS.  If it rains then all of this might just go into a box for next year.  I'm also hoping that if it stays dry, that there are enough people out there who aren't baseball fans.  Seriously.  The Astros only need one win and that game is tonight.  That also sucks.

There is some good news though.  I got the costumes splattered with blood yesterday and


vampire blood's stain doesn't stick around too long.  It's already gone.

Oh, more good news.  I stopped by Chicken Express for a $5 kids meal today.  My total was $1.24.  Also, instead of 1 tender they gave me 3.  That's cool but I still couldn't finish one tender.  Now I have two left.  How's that for some math skills?

Hopefully I'll have more good news tomorrow morning by reporting back that there was no rain, it was a beautiful evening and we scared so many trick-or-treaters.