i'm off to a great

start.  It's just past 6:00 and I've already unloaded the dishwasher, made breakfast, loaded those dishes, started laundry, made the bed and started a post here.  All this and no sinus pressure.  I think I'll go for a walk today since I missed out yesterday.

I was looking online for a Christmas present for Eric yesterday.  I'm not really understanding Amazon's logic behind their random ad placement, once again.

"Yes, we know you're interested in gun cases but don't forget that somewhere out there, there's a baby that needs to be fed." - Amazon


Speaking of guns and Eric, Cosme and I went to an art market on Saturday.  I saw this print and thought it needed to be framed and hung above the bed in Eric's room.  So I got it.


They put this one in my bag as a bonus.

Don't be scared.
There was also a bakery booth at the market and I thought that it'd be very wrong of me to not sample their goods when there's a wedding coming up.  The more options, the better.  Since I'm picky when it comes to cake, I'm probably the best person for the job.


These cupcakes passed with flying colors.  I looked the bakery up to find out where they are (I10 at Bunker Hill) and I let Cosme know that if he ever felt like he needed to stop for anything on his way home, this place is fairly convenient.  I even announced that I'd like my next birthday cake to come from them.  I know, I know... 1) What about Moellers??? and 2) Why am I thinking about my next birthday cake when I just finished one off a week ago?  Not only do I love being prepared but I'm not against trying a new cake and if it flops, I'll demand a redo from Moellers.

I'm off to continue to TCB.  While cleaning the other day I started watching The Handmaids Tale on Hulu.  It's odd but the jury is still out.  I do have an issue to start off with though.  I remember a while back there was a group of women who showed up at the state Capitol to protest abortion laws and they were dressed as the characters from the book/tv show.  First of all, yes, I get it what they were trying to say (not that I'm for dressing up and protesting).  The show is about women not having any rights.  In the show (and I'm thinking the book too), these women are basically treated like nothing.  There are guards with guns everywhere to make sure they don't escape or talk or look the wrong way, whatever.  Let's take a step back though.  How did it come to this?  I don't really know where the Second Amendment was when this story took place but I'm pretty sure it was long gone.   Now, a better reason for these women to be dressing up as these characters would seem more fitting to stand up for the Second Amendment.  With the women being armed, they would have had less of a chance of this group/organization/government taking over and more of a chance at keeping a free state.  That being said, I understand that they saw it as "let's dress like women without any rights because that's how they're making us feel" but this story (from what I've seen only three episodes in) started with armed guards taking away that free state.  So really, I guess what I'm trying to say is, just leave the costumes at home.  If you want to dress up, save it for Comic Con.  Oh yeah, and if you really don't want to end up like them, stand up for your right to bear arms.  That's what it's for, after all.

Now I'm off to put on a red cloak and white cap and finish cleaning.  I'm joking.  It's way too hot for a cloak today.