i shared a picture of

the white walker mask under a blue light yesterday.  Yeah, that won't work for Halloween.  I spent five minutes out in the garage with the blue light on and that made me feel sick.  Afterwards I had a headache and was starting to feel sick at my stomach.  There's no way I could sit there for three hours.  I felt so bad I came inside and stretched out on the couch.  I had chicken in the oven and all of a sudden I couldn't even handle the smell.  I had to open a window to air it out.  I remember as a kid being told not to look at either blue or purple lights or maybe it was both.  I decided to google it.  It ends up that blue light leads to macular degeneration.  Oh, it also causes migraines.  I would post the picture here that I put on fb and instagram but it still hurts and gives me flashbacks.

So, no white walker Halloween.  It wasn't all for nothing though.  When I started feeling bad, I came inside and put the mask down on the first available surface (the washer) on my way to the couch.  I forgot about the mask but when Cosme walked in from the garage, I heard a few bad words.  I asked what was wrong.


He wasn't expecting that guy's face to be staring him down when he walked into the dark laundry room.  So yeah, the mask wasn't a total waste of time.  That had me laughing pretty hard.

Now we're moving on to plan B.  Scary clowns.  I hate clowns.  Always have.  Always will.  The only problem is Cosme won't be able to help me because I'll be too scared if he's walking around in a scary clown mask.  Maybe I should come up with a plan C.  Plan C might just be turning off the light and going to bed.  Halloween is starting to be a lot of work.