fall weather is hitting

hard around here.  Well, the weather is here but it's hitting me hard.  I made soup on Tuesday and yesterday I made a roast and baked Grandma's yeast rolls.  Now I'm sitting here thinking about what I can bake next and what's a good dish that'll get us through the chillier weather coming this weekend.  Let's get back to those rolls for a minute.  I think I might've messed up somewhere.  I haven't made these in a while but the dough was stickier than normal.  I added a little bit more flour and that was that.  I also must have mis-eyeballed when pulling off chunks for rolls because I had leftovers.  I remembered frying some up last time so I tested out the dough in the fryer again.  You know, to make sure it's still okay as a beignet.


Yep.  It was still good as little beignet bites.  Maybe I can make another batch of dough this weekend and share my beignets with Cosme.  I said maybe.

When I'm not in the kitchen trying to think of what can be made next in my quest to gain 50 pounds by Christmas, I'm out running errands.  I went to Lake Jackson a couple of days ago and thought I'd snap a few pictures of the people who annoy me.

This one.


Okay, not terrible.  Maybe she was in a hurry?  Maybe she was rushing to get to the bathroom?

This one.


Ugh.  She clearly values her Dodge more than the rushed lady does her Cadillac.  I could say a few ugly things but I won't.

This one though...


She got me all worked up and let me tell you why.  This is her truck after she pulled out to straighten up and move more to the right.  You see that vehicle parked to her left?  I was parked there.  She pulled in next to me just after I'd parked but was still in the car on my phone, luckily.  I tried to back up and scoot more to the left, having zero faith in this woman's ability to park and/or get out without hitting my car.  I eventually got fed up with her determination to stay there.  She had absolutely no business driving and parking anything larger than a Smart car.  As I drove down the aisle and parked away from the chaos, I saw her maneuvering to scoot to the right.  Oh, she scooted... and she still managed to park like crap.

I found these on Etsy.  I might need some.


Or I might need a lot.  I could do like I've heard of Eric doing and park so they can't get back into their car.  But then I'd be the person that gets stuck with one of these cards.  It's a lose/lose situation for me.  On the bright side, since I moved farther down the aisle and had a longer walk, I worked off some of everything I've baking.  That still doesn't get me any less worked up though.  Learn to park, people!