when Mom quit selling

Scentsy I lost my Scentsy person.  I haven't gone out to find anyone else because what does it matter?  They discontinue everything I like.  I had easy access to the testers when Mom was involved and I liked that.  Once my scent of choice was discontinued, I'd go to her testers and find something new.  It really seems like so much trouble to do with someone else.  One thing I do have to replace are the bulbs.  I know I don't have a great history of replacing light bulbs but every once in a while I do replace a Scentsy bulb.  Mom had told me that Walmart carries replacement bulbs so I went and found some.  I started out in the light bulb section but didn't see anything that looked right.  I headed over to the department where they sell their wax warmers and this is what I found.


Cool.  I bought a package of two and came home and replaced a bulb.

A few days later Gabi came.  I was in the other room working on the mask and she came in, with burned out light bulb in hand, and asked me if I had any light bulbs like that.  I figured she was changing a Scentsy warmer's bulb for me.  Cool.  I had one left in the package.  I went to my room where her sister was on the ladder at my ceiling fan.  We've been in this house for 12 years.  TWELVE YEARS.  I had no idea that's what kind of bulb my ceiling fan took.  (And yes, it did seem like the light wasn't as bright as it could be.)  Who knew?  Not me, obviously.

How many Melanies does it take to change a light bulb?  None.  She just ignores it. 

So, the next time I was at Walmart, I went back to the light bulb section and pick up a few packages of bulbs.  The same size as my Scentsy warmers but a higher wattage.


Now I guess I should swap out that 25w bulb that's in there now with one of these 60w bulbs.  That would be the logical thing to do.  Right?  Why waste a 25w bulb in my fan when I could use it in another Scentsy warmer?  Because I'm me and we all know how I am with light bulbs.  It's not like I like it dark.  I actually like light.  I guess changing a light bulb is just one of those things where not only do I need a ladder to do it (in most cases) but I also need a ladder to reach the freaking bulbs in the cabinet.  Why don't I store the bulbs lower?  Because it's not something I need on a daily basis.  Also, it makes more sense to me to just wait until I can pull the ladder out once to do more.  Wait until several bulbs need replacing, and maybe the air filter too.  Work smarter, not harder.  I do change lower bulbs like our lamps as soon as they go out.  But even when the lights go out over the bathroom mirror, I usually wait for another to go out.  At that point I'll get a box of bulbs down from the cabinet and walk through the house replacing bulbs.

So no, I probably won't go replace that 25w bulb in the fan (unless the ladder needs to come out for something else) but I can rest easy now because in another 12 years when that bulb gets replaced again, I already have a few in the cabinet.

First up on today's agenda?  Not changing light bulbs.

Okay, this post is making me feel totally unproductive now.  I need to go do something.  I'll go make the bed.  Then I'll turn on the overhead light and and admire how nice the made bed looks... now that I can see it.