on saturday we decided we

needed a milkshake.  We also decided that we are on a mission to figure out who has the best milkshake in the area.  Right now, Chick-fil-a is in the lead with McDonalds and Red Top coming in second.  McDonalds is good but their vanilla shake has a little something extra added to it.  I don't know if it's caramel or what but it's something extra.  It's not bad at all but in my book, the added flavor eliminates it as a vanilla shake, even though it is their vanilla shake.  In last place we have Jack in the Box.  As far as strawberry shakes go, McDonalds is in the lead with Red Top staying close to the bottom.  I'm sure as other establishments are added, Red Top will probably stay close to the bottom.  I've been fine with it before but this last one just didn't make the cut.  Coming soon to Angleton: Dairy Queen.  The quest for the perfect milkshake continues.


So we decided we needed that milkshake on Saturday and we also thought it'd be nice to swap cars and take the dogs.  We headed off and Maggie took her usual spot, standing in the middle with her front paws on the center console.  Archer took his usual spot, under Maggie with his face in the air vent.


When we got to Red Top and were waiting on our shakes, the girl at the window asked if the dogs could have an ice cream cone and we were fine with that.  I should mention that neither of the dogs have had ice cream before.



No, Archer.  You don't bite it, you lick it.


Yes, like that.


His new favorite.


Archer finished before Maggie and even tried to start eating the cone before it was empty.  Once he cleared out the cone, I let him have it to finish it off.


I gave what was left in Maggie's cone to Archer to finish off and then he ate her cone as well.  After that we decided to take the long way home because is there a better place than a car to find out if your dogs are lactose intolerant?  Lucky for us, they aren't.  They loved the ice cream and this is their after picture.  For the first time Maggie just sat there in the back seat and chilled... for a few minutes.


Ah, sitting and chilling.  I really want to do that right now but I can't.  I'm already tired because I had to drive Cosme to Eric's this morning where we left his car yesterday.  Now that I'm back, I have to make up for the couple of hours I spent on the road and not starting my day.  Not only am I already tired but I'm running behind too.  Oh well.  Enough procrastinating.  Time to TCB.