well that didn't go

as planned.  When it came down to it, we decided not to go to the Renaissance Festival.  We would had to have gotten up really early, made a long drive, dealt with crowds and traffic and who really wants to spend a day off doing that?  We decided we didn't want to.  Luckily we hadn't purchased tickets yet.  Having the day to do other things also means I didn't get any pictures at the TXRenFest.  That's a bummer but what's more of a bummer is that I didn't get any pictures anywhere.  I talked about us going out to Brazos Bend later in the day but then realized we still had to go to Eric's to pick up the car we'd left there on Friday that was going to get picked up on our way home from the festival.  It's fine.  We still had a good time.  When we got home and I had the bedroom blinds open and saw the sunset though, I was kicking myself for not heading out there as soon as we got back.


I still might make a trip of it one day this week.  Monday and Friday are really my only options and considering that it's Monday morning and I need to TCB, it might not happen today.  We'll see.

The other day we went to Luby's.  It sounded good, sometimes it just does.  We don't go all the time but when we do, it's drive-thru.  This day we decided to go in and I wasn't staring but I looked several times at the people in front of me who ordered sausage, chicken fried steak and baked chicken.  I ordered the same thing I've ordered for as long as I can remember ever going to Lubys, Luann chicken fried steak.  The girl replied, "we don't have Luann, it's all buffet today"... it took a minute to register.  I was thinking "isn't it always a buffet?" then I realized that no, the word I was looking for was "cafeteria".  (Maybe I need to get out more often.)  My next thought was along the lines of why would somebody who orders Luann (smaller portions) need a buffet?  Then it hit me.  ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT MACARONI AND CHEESE, ROLLS AND DESSERT.  Score.  I got my chicken fried steak with mac & cheese, carrots, a roll and a slice of apple pie.  (I must say the dessert selection wasn't great, couldn't find any cheesecake or pecan pie.)


Then I was full and didn't have seconds of anything.  No second helping of macaroni and cheese, no second roll and no multiple desserts.  I failed the Luby's buffet.  Next time I'll know: don't waste my time on carrots (that's not even my usual second side selection).  I should've skipped the carrots and grabbed cake.  When we left I thought about a trip to Luby's with my great-grandparents and how at the time I thought my great-grandfather was a little crazy (alzheimer's aside) for getting a bowl of gumbo, a bowl of jello and a couple of desserts.  Now I get it.  Skip the carrots when there is extra dessert to be had.  I will do better next time.  I owe it to myself.  I owe it to the sweet tooth that runs throughout my family.  I will be the victor and the Luby's buffet will be my b!tch*.  
 *It's hard to be gangster and pg all at the same time but bless my heart, I try.

Now that I'm on my gangster roll, TCB or camera?  I'll decide after I put the clothes in the dryer and start the next load.