Halloween is

coming. (hint)  Everyone knows I like a themed Halloween with costume and decorated porch to scare everyone.  Our big one was The Walking Dead.  That one was pretty epic and we even had Eric's friends dressed up and helping.  Last year there wasn't really a theme but it was just spooky.  I guess the theme would be "spooky".  I had clamp lights positioned with red flood lights and my smoke machine.  I have an idea for this year but the costume might be a little difficult.  Instead of red lights, I want to use blue flood lights with the smoke machine and dress as a white walker.  Cosme said he'd participate if he could be The Night King.  So far I haven't found the mask.  I did start working on my white walker mask yesterday though.  If it turns out decent, he might agree to do that with me.  The next task would be finding a costume.  I have several ideas so we'll see what I can come up with in the next week.  I say week because if it's not going well, I'll have to ditch that plan and go with my backup plan of creepy clown.  I'll be happy with either.

As for the mask I'm working on, I found an old man mask at Walmart.  This is before I got started.


He doesn't really look like a white walker but it's as close as I've found.  The nose is bigger than I need but it will be darkish and foggy on the porch.  I'm hoping that'll also help hide the mustache, that can't be cut totally off.

I started with greys and black, mainly for a base to cover the flesh color.


I started to add white and kept flipping through my different examples on Pinterest.


His nose was also indented so I stuffed paper towels in there to push it out while the paint dries.


Oh, maybe I'd get a better idea of it if...


I put blue paper in the eye sockets.

I definitely won't have blue contacts in while I'm handing out candy but OH!  A NEW IDEA JUST POPPED IN MY HEAD!  If I can't come up with a costume, I can chain him up in a chair and maybe put blue Christmas lights in his head for eyes and use our other GoT costumes from a few years ago!  AWESOME!!!  I could be Sansa or even Jon Snow and Cosme could be ZOMBIE LITTLE FINGER!!! I would probably need to hang a spoiler alert sign on the walkway.  This will be awesome.  I need more participants now!

Okay, back to the mask.  So I added the blue paper and this is where he is now.


 Better lighting.


I still need to figure out what to do with the hair.  He's got long hair with a long mustache and beard.  I have a can of grey hair stuff I can use to touch it up.  If I use it on the mustache, it'll hopefully blend in with his face and won't be as noticeable.  Also, Cosme used that grey spray for his temples when he dressed as little finger before.  See how things just come together?  Anyway, looks like the white walker will be getting a trim today and maybe a few touches of grey.

Maybe I'll have a finished white walker mask to post tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll have a few extra pics too.  I want to go the the fair this evening and walk around.  I just read that today is free admission so what better time to go if my only goal is to take pictures and have a funnel cake?  Who am I kidding though?  I'd pay the admission fee even it was only for a funnel cake.