you know those days

where you're not sleepy but just tired?  It's like your body needs a rest but you don't need a nap?  It's the other way around for me today.  I'm not tired but I'm so sleepy.  I feel like doing stuff but my eyes just feel so heavy.  They're trying to tell me they want a nap.  The weather is causing the power to flash off and on but I've already decided if it stays off, I'll shut my eyes.

Earlier today, when I wasn't sleepy, I went over to the park for a walk.  It was a little cooler this morning, only 88 degrees and I decided to take advantage of it.  While I was out there, I remembered Jeannine was recently moved to the nursing home I walk next to.  I called Cindy to see if she thought it would be okay to stop by and visit and maybe take her for a spin around the walking trail.  (It's connected to the nursing home parking lot and people do that quite a bit.)  She said sure so I went over there to visit, still in walking clothes and all (but not wearing my usual "kill a commie for mommy" shirt).  Having never been, I stopped at the desk and gave them Jeannine's name so they could point me in the right direction.  "There's no one here by that name."  I repeated her name and asked if she's sure because I know my aunt said she was there.  She repeated herself.  I thanked her and walked out.  On my way to the car I called Cindy to make sure I was at the right place.  Cindy said she's not at the front part but in another section.  She called to make sure for me.  A few minutes later Cindy called and said she was moved back to Lake Jackson.  I didn't visit Jeannine this morning or take her for a spin around the walking trail but I did see something cute.  Someone drops little piles of corn along the trail for the squirrels.  They're always crouched over eating and when you get too close, they hurry off to a tree.  I walked around the curve and saw this guy.

Do you see him running along the side of the trail?


I was too slow with the camera and only caught him running away but right before this, he was sprawled out there in the middle of the trail ON HIS STOMACH eating corn.  It was so funny.  I've never seen a squirrel so chill and lying there eating his corn like somebody wasn't about to walk up on him.  I just googled it to see if it has been caught on camera and it has.  Oh well, at least somebody was quick about it.

I'm going to get some stuff done while I can.  The weather's getting a little worse and I'm thinking I should go charge my stuff in case the power goes out again.