they came to do our

flower beds and tree trimming yesterday.  I asked them to mow while they were here.  


That oak tree on the left was way out of hand.  It was to the point where I had to duck to walk under it.  It was seriously out of control.  I'm so excited now.  Yes, it's nice to have the trees and yard cleaned up but when I saw how much better the trees look, all I could think of was how nice it'll be with Christmas lights wrapped around them.  I think I might've even thought out loud with Antonio standing right there.  I'm also happy about not worrying whether or not the HOA is going to call us out.  Next up, I just need to get some mulch to put down.  That won't get done today because my back's a little stiff.  I ordered a new rug for the living room last week and I wanted us to get the old one out last night for big trash pick up today.  We forgot.  I remembered this morning after Cosme left.  I rolled it, taped it, and dragged it out the front door.  The new one should be here on Friday and I'm hoping it looks okay.  It might be a little bit smaller and it's also got a print and isn't shaggy.  I was about to order a crazy colored one but then I walked through the living room and remembered that printed chair we have.  It wouldn't have matched at all.  I ordered a neutral one.  Oh well, moving on to new things.  I really liked that old rug and it was a good quality but it had seen better days.  The new one didn't cost as much as the old one because I didn't want to feel bad about when I eventually have to throw it out too.

Okay, time to get busy.  I've got to go to the church today and I have things I want to get done before I leave... like staring out the window at the pretty trees.