we said goodbye to

the best rug ever.


It wasn't a special rug, I'm sure any other Costco had something similar, but it was a good rug.  For being so light in color, it seemed to have stayed pretty close to its original color.  For all the shag, it seemed to have stayed pretty fluffy.  It was a good quality, heavy duty rug.  As for the upkeep, if the situation was too bad to come clean, I'd pull the scissors out and the rug just got a little trim.  Well, those days are gone.  Say hello to the new rug.


There's no fluff and it's printed, the total opposite of the last one.  I sure hope it works out well.  We like it so far.

I made ice cream for the first time yesterday and I think my second serving might have been too much.  There were some belly pains.  Mom told me which recipe to use and a few changes to make and that's what I was going to do until I realized that I had invited Eric and Paige over and I had read something somewhere about pregnant people and eggs cooked certain ways.  I decided to find another recipe without eggs.  I found one.  I was good to go.  I talked to Paige and she said they wouldn't be able to come.  No problem, I'd just make the ice cream with eggs now.  Wrong.  I didn't have all the ingredients for that.  I had one can of sweetened condensed milk and no evaporated milk.  I went ahead and stuck with the no egg version I found HERE.  I did make a couple of changes though.  I took Mom's advice on the other recipe and used half-and-half instead of milk.  Since all the other recipes had sweetened condensed milk and I did have that on hand, I added three tablespoons.  What could it hurt?  Well, I found out it didn't hurt anything and I probably could have added more.  That stuff was pretty good.  We had some as soon as it was done and then a little more later on.  I wasn't worried about the recipe flopping because this only made a small batch, just enough for a few people.  I think I'll try it again another weekend.  It goes really well with these 100 degree temps.

I need to put my sheets in the dryer now... and maybe sample the ice cream to see if it's as good the next day.