i was so ready for

yesterday.  All week I'd been thinking about quiche and a big Sunday breakfast or brunch.  I found a quiche recipe HERE through Pinterest.  I was trying to follow it but I kind of went off on my own.  The recipe called for onion powder but I just went ahead and chopped up some onion and cooked it.  I also added chopped mushroom to the skillet, even though the recipe didn't call for any.  I don't know how much spinach I used but it was about three handfuls of fresh spinach.  I don't know how much bacon I used but it was more than six strips.  Now that I think about it, I probably used a whole package minus five strips.  I bought two regular pie crusts and should have bought deep dish.  I transferred one of the regular pie crusts to my pie plate and then tore the other one to pieces so the sides would extend up.  Once I had all the vegetables cooked, I realized it might would have worked in the regular pie crust.  I went ahead and layered the veggie mix, bacon and then cheese just like the recipe instructed.  Oh, I also added a little parmesan and have no idea how much cheddar I ended up putting in.  I was afraid that five eggs would be too much but ended up using six.  I doubted how it would taste after all my changes but when the timer went off and the quiche was served, we were happy.


I'll definitely follow that recipe again.  I ended up slicing the rest into servings so that I can see how well the leftovers freeze and taste reheated.  That's the bad thing about having a quiche.  The two of us can't eat a whole one so some always ends up in the garbage.  Oh well.  In addition to the quiche, I made blueberry muffins, potatoes o'brien, sausage, and we can't forget the drinks.  Instead of using orange juice with the champagne, I bought raspberry lemonade like I'd had at Paige's bridal shower.  Cosme didn't want any... until he tried mine.  After breakfast, it was a nice day of lounging and tv.  I love days like that.

Today is back to the usual routine.  I have errands to run in Lake Jackson and Archer is trying to tell me he's ready for breakfast, the bathroom, or both.