it rained most of

yesterday.  That's fine because all we planned to do was chill, cook, and eat.  We pulled the grill to the patio for cover and went on about our day.  We had bbq chicken, mac and cheese, baked beans, and peach cobbler.  Cosme and I ate before Eric and Paige because they had stuff going on.  We finished our meal and I made note of our food and the red, white and blue paper plates and commented about how American that meal was.

I didn't get a picture of the actual meal.  I was starving and didn't waste any time digging in.  I didn't even get a picture of my cobbler.  This was a second helping later on.

I then looked down and added that I was drinking Coke in a Dallas Cowboys (America's team) koozie.  Yeah, I'd say it was a solid American meal for Independence Day.

Eric and Paige came in to eat a little bit later.  We were on the couch and as Eric was finishing and I pointed out the peach cobbler, he commented about how American that meal was.  I told him it would have been even more American if they'd stopped and brought a tub of Blue Bell.  He said good peach cobbler doesn't need ice cream.  I agreed and continued on with my chilling on the couch.

That was our July 4th.