today got off to a

rough start.  I had another headache and even though I was sure it was sinus related, I also needed more sleep.  After I put a pork roast in the crock pot, I took a Benadryl and tried to go back to sleep.  I turned on the tv and stopped at the first black and white movie I found.  That worked.  It was The Mudlark.  When I woke up for the second time, Jane Eyre was starting.  I was tempted to go back to sleep but I knew the dogs were hungry and I was too.  I put a little peppermint oil on and had my breakfast (pb&j with Cheetos) and feel like I have enough pep to go get a large Coke.  I'm not going anywhere but seriously, that's all I need.

Now that I'm feeling better and carnitas are cooking, all I need to do next is think of a dessert to make.  I was going to make a cheesecake but I should probably pull the cream cheese out this evening to soften.  Those things take all day to chill and set in the refrigerator so if I wait for cream cheese to get soft and then have to wait for the cake to chill, yeah, I'll just pull the cheese out tonight.  I have a little bit of chocolate frosting leftover from some cupcakes I made the other day.  I think I'll make a batch of brownies and frost them.  The frosting really needs to get used.  Every time I open the refrigerator I see it and think it's refried beans.  Yum.

Dodo's azalea is blooming again.  I can't believe it.  I haven't been paying any attention to the potted plants so I guess it really doesn't have anything to do with me.  I think I'll water them today.


The blooms have inspired me to take better care... until something comes along to distract me.

Speaking of being distracted, all I can think about now is Coke.  I need one.  I think I'll go pop one open and enjoy the fact that my head isn't throbbing.