let's rewind to when I ordered

the new rug.  A few days later, I went to Walmart to buy a little fluffy rug for the cats.  We decided to get that to maybe keep them off of the new rug so much and let them still enjoy the fluffiness.


It started raining the other day and Strat took to the rug.


Sometimes they both get on but usually, it's only one.  The rug reminds me of the piece of boat scrap from the end of Titanic. Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio both could have fit but sticking with the plot, he had to die.  Oh yeah, spoiler.  It really seems like the prop crew would have made a smaller piece of scrap.  Anyway, the rug is our Titanic scrap.


Yes, he knows you're there, Lucille. He just doesn't care.

I heard a joke the other day.  What do you get when you cross the Atlantic with the Titanic?  Halfway.

Okay.  On a similar but more serious note, ever since before the wedding I've been making comments about needing to take a vacation.  I don't need anything major.  I don't need a week in Scotland or anything, just a little road trip.  One place I've always wanted to go is San Antonio.  I've driven through and made a few stops but never spent the weekend.  Cosme and Eric always do their convention every year but because of the animals, I never go.  We finally looked over the calendar at the upcoming months and picked the best weekend.  I knew of a hotel I wanted to stay in that I read about a few years ago.  After doing my trip research, I decided I might not want to stay there.  We decided to leave it up to Priceline.  (We all know I love to name my price and gamble a little.)  We did it.  We booked a 5-star hotel.  How can you go wrong with a 5-star hotel?  Let me tell you.  You start reading reviews and find FREAKING GHOST STORIES.  I asked Cosme if I dare search The St. Anthony being haunted.  I knew I shouldn't but he said to go for it.  I enter "haunted st anth" and the first option I'm given is "haunted st anthony hotel san antonio".  Awesome.  I click on that option and there it is, listed in the top five most haunted places in San Antonio.  Actually, those weren't the exact words but the exact words included the word "evil" and I'm trying to stay positive here.  I'd normally feel really awesome about a 5-star hotel for less than $200 a night but right now I'm feeling like Priceline screwed me over.  Yes, I went on to read the ghost stories.  I also went on to search videos.  I also searched how to keep ghosts away from you.  I'm trying to look on the bright side and came up with a few things:

 ONE.  Cosme said ghosts and things never come around him.  (Whatever, we've both seen an orb float through our room and although asleep, he was still there the night I woke up to our bedroom door opening and then closing.)

TWO.  I've researched and know where the most activity is so maybe we can request to not be put near the fifth or tenth floors... and especially not room 536.

THREE.  I've done more research and already have two bottles of holy water on hand.  I also know where I can get more.  I will be prepared.

Those are the only definite points I have right now but I'm still working on it.  I'll be prepared and if it gets to be too much, we'll come home.  So while I'm preparing myself to ward off spirits, I'm also reminding myself of the people who leave with no ghost stories.  I'm hoping to be added to that list.