why do I even bother

pulling the nut grass from the flower bed?  I took this picture the day after I pulled it all.


Yeah, I know you have to get it by the root and sometimes I do but there has to be a way to kill this stuff.  I did a little research and one article said when it's in your lawn, you can pour sugar on it.  I was tempted to try it for a minute but that would take a lot of sugar and would I rather have nut grass or ants?

I finally made the banana bread this morning.  I didn't feel like it yesterday but today the bananas would definitely have to end up in the garbage.  Speaking of the bananas, this is what I have them in.


I bought it in San Antonio at the market.  On the walk over from the hotel, I told Cosme he was going to have to hold me back because I knew I'd want so much stuff.  It'll be a while before I go back to a Mexican market, if ever, so the market in San Antonio is the closest I can get.  Speaking from experience, when I do go to a Mexican market, I want EVERYTHING.  I saw that wooden bowl dish and knew I needed it.  I bought other things too, including this baby dress.


Once I got it home and checked it out, I questioned the head hole.  Let's hope it fits.  We used to wear the Mexican dresses all the time in the 80's and I thought they were great.  I knew I had to buy that dress as soon as I saw it... and two shirts for myself.  I also ended up having to buy a bag to carry my stuff in.  I'm not big on shopping but I can seriously get busy in a mercado like that.

Anybody need to go to San Antonio for shirts?  I'll gladly tag along.