i tried another new

recipe last night and I really had high hopes.  It was THIS ravioli I found on Pinterest.  We also finished off the chicken I made the other day.  That recipe also came from Pinterest and was HERE.


So this was the chicken that we thought needed a pasta to go with it after we only had zucchini with it the first time.  We decided this pasta was probably not the right match.  First of all, I didn't have any capers for the ravioli.  Second, Cosme doesn't care for artichoke unless it's with spinach and lots of cheese in a dip.  Third, I found out that I don't care for sun dried tomatoes.  Oh well.  I really, really wanted it to be a hit but it just wasn't.  It wasn't that it was bad, it was more of a "it's not you, it's me" thing.

Back in shower news, I spray painted a chair.  Somewhere, packed deep in the 11 years of this blog, there is a picture of a little red chair.  It was a chair I got from Dodo that she had in the shop for a little bit.  She said it was Dad's so I asked if I could have it when she was done with it.  I guess she had painted it pink for the shop because I'm sure Dad didn't have a pink chair.  Anyway, she gave it to me and I painted it with a white crackle paint.  When photography entered the game, I painted it red.  Now that there is a baby coming, I sanded it down, primed it, and painted it again.


I roughed it up a little.  And a side note, if you paint something with crackle paint, those remnants are pretty much around forever.  I sanded and sanded and sanded.  I ended up leaving some of it since I was going to distress it afterwards.  Here is a close up of a few spots where I roughed it up.


I think I'm done with it.  The more I look at it, the more I wonder if I should do more to it.  Anyway, that should match some of the other stuff they have going on in her room and if it doesn't, I'll keep it here and maybe paint it again.  Ohhh, or maybe paint designs or pictures on it.  Okay, now I'm just getting carried away.  Maybe I'll just keep it here.

Right now the dogs don't care what my plans with the chair are, they're just worried about their breakfast plans.  Before I go feed them, I have to tell a little story about something that happened yesterday.  First of all, I leave the tv on sometimes with the sound turned down.  Anyway, I was checking to see if a package had been delivered and Archer started barking one of his territorial barks.  I walked back to the living room and asked what it was, wondering if he saw someone trying to get in a back window or something.  He looked at the tv and back at me.  There was a cat on tv.  It was funny.  The commercial ended and he never got worked up again.  I'll give him breakfast now and keep him from getting worked up again.