have you ever been

outside grilling and the hamburgers smelled SO good and then you thought how awesome it'd be if those cheeseburgers had bacon on top?  I hardly ever make bacon cheeseburgers but this weekend was different.


It was good.

Another thing happened this weekend.  A lost dog found me.  I was sitting in the garage waiting on Eric and Paige to come by and this guy showed up.


He was super friendly and sweet.  I tried to put him in the cat carrier so he wouldn't run off and get into trouble but he wasn't having it.  Also, I was only trying to keep him around to give the neighborhood time to see my post so his owner could claim him.  We waited a while and he followed me everywhere.  He wasn't wearing a collar and he smelled really bad so we wondered if he didn't escape but was dumped instead, but on the other hand, he was plenty big and obviously hadn't missed any meals.  I didn't want to hang around outside anymore so I set him up on the front porch with a towel, milk bone, food, and water.  He had water but that was it.  Something was able to distract him long enough for me to get away and get inside.


He found me and started scratching at the door.  That annoyed me.  It annoyed me more when he started barking, setting off ALL of our animals.  I felt really bad for him but there was nothing more I could do.  I let the neighborhood know (63 people had already seen the message) and I set him up with food and shelter in case he needed it.

Then he left and we never saw him again.  I'm hoping somebody took him in or the actual owners claimed him, you know, as long as it was a happy ending.  I didn't end up with a third dog so I guess that's happy enough.

I have nine bananas that are ready for banana bread and I think the recipe calls for 6.  I might could math it out and try to make muffins with a half batch of batter or I could just put those extra 3 in the garbage.  It depends on how confident I feel with baking time/temp and measurements when the time comes... and if those measurements needing to be divided are basic enough.  I'll see what my calculator has to offer.  More importantly, I'll see what my schedule has to offer.

Now I need to make a grocery list and feed the dogs.