while we were in

San Antonio, the dogs were at the vet for boarding.  They've never been left anywhere before and I felt bad for Archer because he doesn't like going to the vet for a regular appointment, much less a whole weekend.  Anyway, Friday morning I pulled out the leashes and they were so excited.  I got them hooked up and we went out to the car.  I loaded them up in the back and by the time I got to the driver's seat, they were both piled up in the passenger seat.



Oh, happy Archer... if you only knew where you were headed.


They were tumbling over each other and it was a bit crazy.  Then we pulled up at the vet and it was a lot crazy.  I've compared our situation to a circus act and people in the waiting area found it amusing.  They definitely got a few laughs, especially when Archer was trying to creep towards the door and somehow ended up standing there with Maggie's midsection stuck on top of him with her hind legs in the air and two front paws planted on the floor.  It took a vet tech to help me get them untangled.

The show ended and I made it out the door.  They were good and even got a bath while there.

I picked them up Monday and neither one paid much attention to me at first.

Maggie took the usual spot in the front seat.


Archer was done with it all.  He found a safe spot in the very back of the car, hidden under the trunk cover.


They were happy to get home and happier to roll around in the grass to get the freshness of the bath off.  I do love the smell of dog shampoo so I let them hang out with me in the kitchen for a while.

I'm ready for another long weekend, if not to be a tourist and see a new place, then at least to have that clean dog smell again (from somebody else's doing).