before the shower on Saturday

I was looking for hostess gifts.  I went to the farmers' market to see if there was anything there.  I didn't find hostess gifts but I did find a booth with natural remedies.  I've been hearing a lot about elderberry syrup fighting off colds and flu and this booth had some.  I went ahead and picked up a bottle.


Yesterday when I woke up feeling less than awesome, I started off with the usual sinus solutions.  Nothing was really working.  I remembered that syrup and as much as I didn't want to try it (scared of how bad it would taste), I did.  I kind of like it.  Along with elderberry, it's got honey, cinnamon, ginger and other stuff.  I don't think it's a miracle quick fix but at 1 TBS twice a day, I wasn't expecting that.  I'm going to keep with it and see if it helps keep this junk from turning into anything worse.  I already have the diffuser going with lavender, peppermint and today, a little orange for some oomph.  Oh, I also took a nasal decongestant.  I'm all for trying the natural stuff but if you've got the good stuff, take it. 

Today is starting off better though.  My throat isn't sore but my head's still draining.  I guess I'll just keep taking everything I get my hands on.