it's time to crackdown on wedding

stuff.  I went to the library's used book sale last week or so and now I have a box of books that needs to be decorated for the wedding.  I also have to cover up all the edges of the paper where somebody went stamp happy with "WITHDRAWN".  I also need to save all the covers because some of these will be read... by several of us.


I think I might make a list of titles/authors so that we can look them up for details/reviews and see who exactly is interested in what.  That might be one less cover I need to save.

I also think it's funny how everybody notices the Johnny Cash book and requests it but nobody has noticed the Willie Nelson one.  What about a book about somebody else from Texas?  That Steve Martin book could be interesting.

And how's this for a story...

There is a cookbook that I have always associated with Dodo, well, actually there were a couple but this one in particular because not only did she have it and give a copy to Mom but she was also active with the group.  It's from The Bluebird Circle of Houston.  A little info about Dodo, she was all about a top notch presentation and party.  If there was a dictionary at the book sale, I could've looked up hostess with the mostest and there would've been a picture of Dodo.  Now, keep in mind, I'm looking for books to work on a wedding reception, you know, the ultimate party.  So I'm at this book sale in small town Texas, the morning after Dodo dies and there, in the mix of all these regular old books is The Gathering, Dodo's cookbook.  (Well, it wasn't her actual cookbook because I have that on my shelf but you know what I mean.)


I'm all about the signs and I definitely think that was one.  Now what I'm hoping that sign meant is that Dodo is watching out and will help this party be awesome.  So come on, Dodo.  Prove me right.