i've been wanting popcorn for about

a week now.  I was going through a list of movies yesterday and it's like my brain started chanting "popcorn, popcorn, popcorn".  My popper quit working towards the end of last year and I haven't replaced it.  I thought about a big pot in the cabinet that would work and make a lot.  This pot has never been used for popcorn and is bigger than the one I used to use so I wasn't sure about the amount of oil.  I guessed and made it.  It looked a little oily and I knew I shouldn't eat very much but I did.  I kept going.

It was delicious.

We'll call this picture Too Much of a Good Thing.  Or maybe Stop While You're Ahead.  I knew I needed to stop and I just couldn't.


Oh well.  I figured it wouldn't end well and it didn't.  But I will tell you this, I can sit here and talk about how I knew I shouldn't overdo it and predicted the outcome but looking at this picture has me wanting to do it all over again.  Popcorn does that to me.  There are leftovers so who knows, there might just be a repeat today.  I'll sample a little right now.  Maybe moderation is the key.

Oh my gosh.  I can't just sample.  It's so good.  I'm making myself stop.  I don't know how many handfuls I just had. 

One more.

Fine.  Two.

I'm done. 

Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

I'm really done.  I'm not looking at this or talking about the popcorn anymore.  I'm going to find something to do that is far away from the popcorn.  I'll go fold clothes.  I'll put the bag of popcorn in the pantry.  Out of sight, out of mind.

I hope.