i stuck to the plan

yesterday.  I had my remoulade made bright and early and the shrimp were cleaned.  I headed to Katy for Cosme's lunch break and we went to a church near his office for ashes.  I knew if we waited until 6:00 to go here that we wouldn't have waited for me to cook and would've ended up ordering something to go.  So, we stuck with it and he came home and dinner was ready.

Shrimp po boys with sliced fries.  Chips?  I used Emeril's recipe that I found HERE.


Mine was missing tomato because I don't like it.  Oh, I also accidentally put twice the amount of creole seasoning in the marinade.  oops.

As soon as I finished I told Cosme we should have just gone to Popeyes.  That was a lot of work.  I'm serious. 

I have to get out and pull weeds today.  The flower beds look HORRIBLE.  It's been cold and wet and I haven't wanted to bother with it.  Today it's still a little dreary but the temps are in the 70's so I just have to do it. ugh.

You know those nights where a bad dream ruins it for you?  Like you wake up and it ruins the rest of your sleep and then when it's time to wake up, you're still thinking about your dream?  That's me right now.  I had a dream I went to the doctor and then a friend told me I have some incurable cancer.  I don't know where that came from but I wish it would've stayed where it was.  Thanks for nothing, dream state.  Let's hope this is one of those dreams that doesn't come true. 

I guess I'll go pull weeds and try to forget about that nightmare.  Then again, maybe I'd be better off going back to bed.