sometimes you just need a little

alone time.  When that time comes, you bark while you and your buddy are together in a cage to make it seem like you need out.  When the owner opens the cage and your buddy heads outside, you stand in the back of the cage acting like you don't know where that bark came from.


Not only was the bark too deep to be Maggie's but Archer refused to make eye contact with me.  He hung his head and stared at that really interesting wall.


I know it was you, Archer.

And just like how you sometimes need a little alone time, sometimes you just need some gravy on your chicken fried steak.  I never put gravy on my meat, unless the gravy is homemade and turned out to be what might be the best batch of gravy I've ever made.


Look at that.  Look at how thick that gravy is.  Don't look too hard though.  No meat today.  Remember?

Speaking of no meat, for dinner I'm making shrimp po boys.  It'll be a first for me.  I prefer shrimp alone.  The texture and consistency don't seem right for tacos or quesadillas or anything.  We'll see.  But first, I need to make the remoulade so it can sit in the refrigerator all day and taste better by this evening.

Time to start dinner... at 6:00 am.