i came really close to

throwing my computer through the window last night.  I wouldn't have done it because I didn't want a broken window but the thought of it felt really good.

I've never claimed to be a high tech person.  From day one in that first computer class we had in junior high, I knew things would never be awesome.  Things were a lot different and not so basic and self explanatory like they are now.  c:/, d:/, ram, rom... UGH.  At least now I have a fighting chance.  click here for this or that...

For the past few days my computer has been thinking really long and hard about whether it wanted to go to websites.  At first I figured it was the actual websites.  Then I started to think it was my internet connection.  I finally realized it was the laptop.  Long story short, I found a fix.  Somebody gave step-by-step directions and it works.  I had to open my library and preferences and put something in the trash bin and restart.  That's what it came down to.  I had to do something similar for another thing.  I don't remember what the issue was but I'm sure I'll panic and find the instructions I saved once it happens again.

While I was still under the impression it was my internet causing the problems, I got on my phone to look up AT&T.  (The first clue I had that maybe it wasn't the internet, my other devices had no problems.)  I saw that we're paying the same amount for 45 Mbps that it would cost for 75 Mbps.  And just before I wanted to throw my laptop out the window, when I hated AT&T and wanted to break up with them, I saw I could get 60 Mbps with Xfinity for less than either of the AT&T options.  I almost broke up but Xfinity isn't available.  I called AT&T to change a few things within our bundle, one being the speed.  We tried a few years ago but it wasn't available.  The guy on the phone last night said it was and he changed it so now we wait.  He said to give it 24-48 hours so of course, I checked 30 minutes later...


And then 12 hours later.


Still no change.

I'll keep checking and if after 48 hours there's no difference, I'll know that guy really didn't know what he was talking about.  Then I'll want to break up with AT&T again and call to go back to 45 Mbps.

Still nothing, unless you count the numbers getting lower.


Except for that ms number but I really don't know what that is.

Enough technology for now.  I'll think about it tomorrow.


Now, what's for breakfast?