as I sit here and wait on the dishwasher

repairman, I'm trying to think of other ways I can throw money out at Christmas.  Seems like we just got this dishwasher a few years ago.  Oh yeah, we did.  2013.  Note to self: don't get another Maytag.  I like how now that it's broken and I research what could possibly be wrong, I see all the write ups on how Maytag control panels are crap.  Funny how the Amana installed with the house in 2003 lasted 10 years.

The dishwasher started acting up on Thanksgiving.  We were sitting around in the living room and I looked at Paige and asked if the dishwasher just started.  It did.  Then it did it again.  Then I decided something was trying to tell me to do the dishes.  I loaded it and hit start.  Later that evening it started beeping.  A couple of days ago it wouldn't start.  I finally got it going after cutting the power off and back on (the answer to everything) and pressing other buttons but I don't have time for that everyday.  Yesterday I got it started three hours after it was loaded.  I called the Sears repairman.

So yeah, It seems like I'm trying to find ways to spend money on everything other than where it needs to be spent.  Then I saw this. 

This is a thing.

A dog DNA test.  Seriously?


Seriously.  And it's even on sale.  Oh, FYI, the top of the ad reads "0% reindeer, 89% golden retriever".  Okay, so that part is kind of cute.

I guess this is the perfect gift for the dog lover who has everything.


I don't know but just to put it out there before anyone tries to read into this, I don't need one.

That's $179 I'll put towards the dishwasher repair.

It's not all bad news around here though.  Kroger has a coupon to get 4 times the fuel points when you buy gift cards.  I bought some gift cards.  Cosme saved $1/gallon when he filled up and there's more where that came from.


I need to go back today and buy more. 

Oh!  I wonder if I can pay for my Sears repair with a Sears gift card?  I wish I knew how much it was going to be.  I'd head over to Kroger right now.  I'm sure I could be back before he got here in that 8-12 window.  Oops, I guess it'd be better if I got the dishes unloaded before he gets here.
 
Now let's just hope it's a fast and easy fix... with a non Maytag part.