like i mentioned

yesterday, we didn't go to the Astro's victory parade on Friday.  I wanted to, I really really wanted to but it just kind of sounded like it would be 10 minutes of excitement and three hours of misery.  It honestly had nothing to do with me scanning the radio stations on the way up to Houston with Tragedy by the Bee Gees playing or the next song I came across called Day I Die.  It also didn't have anything to do with the Metallica song I settled on.  Okay, I might have been creeped out a little when I listened to the lyrics, "see our mother put to death see our mother die", seriously though, it had nothing to do with that.  So, not knowing for sure that we weren't going, I told Cosme that they should get a snack because we won't have time to stop for lunch if we go to the parade.  We met at Eric's and they had their Whataburger and we decided not to go.  The city predicted a crowd of 750,000 people.  I should also mention that a lot of the parking is still out of commission from Harvey.  Anyway, we didn't go and I was bummed.  I got some lunch (after complaining about being the only hungry one), we watched an episode of Stranger Things and then we headed home.  Still bummed and feeling sorry for myself, I asked Cosme if he wanted to ride out to Brazos Bend with me for pictures.  We got there.


Thanks, Harvey.  They let us know the park would open on Tuesday... today.  We left.  I laughed because, of course the other thing I wanted to do didn't happen either.  We drove out to the wildlife refuge and I took a few pictures out there but nothing great.



We got there a little after 5:30 and they close at sunset so...  We made a trip through and left.

We went for seafood afterwards at The Red Snapper Inn.  Cosme was going to have a beer and asked if I was going to have a drink.  They have beer and wine, neither being one of my top choices.  I went with iced tea.  Then I caved and said screw it.  I ordered wine.


Dinner was good.  I had broiled shrimp with a baked potato (and brussels sprouts that I didn't touch) while Cosme had snapper in a Greek sauce over rice (and brussels sprouts that he didn't touch).  After dinner we came home and I looked on fb and saw all the complaining and pictures shared by people who'd gone to the parade.  Not only was it packed but people were standing on parked cars to see, breaking windshields and leaving dents.  So yeah, ends up I'm glad we didn't go.  As for Brazos Bend, if they'd been open, we wouldn't have ended up at the beach having seafood so I guess it all worked out.  I should also mention here that after we got home, I wanted to continue on with the next episode of Stranger Things.  Netflix had other plans.  It couldn't play that episode.  Whatever.

Now I need to figure out if I can get by without going anywhere today.  If I leave, I'll have to stop for an inspection and registration sticker.  I'm two days late... seven if you count the grace period.  If I have something in the pantry that can go with chicken, I can get by with putting it off another day.  Also, if I put it off until tomorrow, it might be raining.  Do they still not do inspections if it's raining?  Maybe I'd be better off doing it today and just getting it over with.  Ugh.  I shouldn't have to do either but that's a rant for another day.

I will share one thing because I don't know if I shared it before.  I thought I did but when I went to look for the pic I couldn't find it.  I searched everywhere and found it buried deep in my computer.  This was taken in October of 2015 as we were driving by the fairgrounds.


That has absolutely nothing to do with anything but just thought I'd put it out there before I lose the image again.

Now I'm off to ponder.  To leave or not to leave?