i switched from iPhone to

Samsung about a year ago.  My iPhone got to the point where it would barely hold a charge.  Also, I had almost no storage left and on more than one occasion, couldn't even take a picture because of the lack of memory.  For the most part, I've been happy with Samsung.  The image quality is a lot better than iPhone.  One thing I can't stand, like I've mentioned before, is Samsung's autocorrect.  I hate it.  I hate typing on Samsung, especially if I'm in a hurry.

When you type something that Samsung doesn't recognize, it'll give you a few options to replace.  Most of the time my phone just says "screw you. I'm replacing it anyway".  The other day I was trying to do my photo challenge and the word was brown.  Brown.  For some reason I couldn't type it.  Like so many times, my fingers kept hitting the next letter over.  Instead of brown, I kept typing nrown.  Now I understand that the Samsung dictionary might not recognize the hashtag with fms_ that comes before the topic, but it was giving me options to replace nrown.

I typed: #fms_nrown

Here's what Samsung suggested and my take on the reasoning:

1. nrown - Did you really mean to type nrown, Melanie?
2. round - I'm not sure what that word is, Melanie, but it sounds a lot like round.
3. green - ...

Green, Samsung?  GREEN??  Then I remembered the old prank call we did as kids:

Victim: Hello?
Caller: Hello. Could I please speak to Mr. Brown?
Victim: You've got the wrong number.  This is the Green residence.
Caller:  I'm sorry, I must be color blind.

That's when it hit me.  Maybe Samsung has a sense of humor and is trying to be funny.

I tested my theory.

First let's try misspelling a word.  Hamburger.  Seems like an obvious typo to me.


But not to Samsung.

Let's try something simple and using the next letter over.


Okay.  That's better.

What about colors?


 Nope.  It's not a color thing.

What if I try a word starting with B and use N, like with nrown?

Nalloon instead of Balloon, with the photo hashtag.


 Then I noticed that adding the N to the end of the word gave me another word selection.


 Let's just try it plain and simple.  B words with N, no photo hashtag.



Clearly there's no problem.

Conclusion:  My phone is a smartarse, trying to be funny.
And I really do want breakfast.

Now keep scrolling for an added bonus.