when I woke up yesterday I

knew my stomach was a little off.  It was acting up most of the morning and then after I had lunch.  It all seemed to calm down and then just as I was about to get ready for my hair appointment, things took a turn for the worse.  I thought ginger ale would help but it didn't.  I was able to reschedule and told Cosme to bring me some Gatorade.  I try to have emergency stashes of Gatorade on hand but somebody always gets to it and drinks it.  I'm not naming any names but let's just say the guilty party brought two bottles home yesterday.  I needed it.

Luckily for me, since I thought I'd be leaving for my hair appointment, I'd already planned and had dinner ready.  I saw something about white chili with chicken and looked up a recipe.  I guess deep down my brain knew something was off because I knew I didn't want any of the recipes with cream in them.  I found a recipe that seemed quick and easy and I used that one.

I'd probably call it soup and not chili.  Either way, THIS is the recipe I went by and only made a few changes.  Cosme liked it and asked to take it for lunch today.  Once I got around to having some, I liked it too.


The recipe didn't call for corn but I thought it would be good so I added some.  I also used cannellini beans instead of great northern.

Today is starting off better than yesterday.  I cancelled the things I had planned for today because I didn't know what direction my stomach was going and definitely didn't want to be that person who spreads all the germs.  Cindy and Brittany both mentioned there is a stomach bug going around but so far, mine seems to have been a 24 hour thing, with the worst of it being the last few hours.  Well, let's say the second half.  After it hit hard, I was fighting to stay awake and that sleep felt pretty awesome.

Just to be safe, the sheets are in the dryer and Lysol has been sprayed.  Whatever it was that hit, I want it gone.