TWO FOR TUESDAY

because I just realized I never hit publish yesterday.

The Christmas tree finally made its way into the house.  It's up and 95% fluffed out and in place.  It all comes back to bringing the ladder in.  I'll have to haul the ladder in to finish so while I have the ladder in for that, I'll go ahead and decorate... and change any light bulbs that are out.  That will happen in a little bit.  First I'll work on getting regular chores out of the way.

I'm about to show you something.  Do you know what a good boy looks like?  I'll show you.

This.  This is what a good boy looks like.


Sure, he has his moments but Archer has turned out to be a good boy.  I doubted things in the beginning.  We couldn't give him much alone time because of Maggie and I thought he'd be a bad one who needs attention, like kids who act out.  The other day, once again, there was something on the other side of the fence (probably the neighbor's dog) and they wanted it.  I opened the door and Archer came running in and sat in the cage.  Maggie eventually ran to the door, only to turn around and go back to the fence.  I was standing at the door focusing on getting her in and left Archer like this.  He can be trusted for a few minutes to stay in the cage with the door open and not take off through the house.  It's like base for him.  He always turns to the cage.  Coming in from an outing and don't want to go back to the yard?  Archer logic: head to the cage.  Back door opens?  Archer logic: head to the cage.  Now, so that I'm not jinxing myself, I will add a side note.  *At this moment in time, this is what a good boy looked like.  This scenario happens quite a bit, though.  It's not that Maggie is bad, she's just stubborn and strong willed.  More and more lately, she hasn't wanted to come in but instead wants to continue whatever mission she's on out in the yard.  When she's on one of these missions though, nothing else exists.  She doesn't hear anyone calling her.  She is focused on whatever it is that has her attention.  One thing Maggie doesn't lack is focus.  When she's in the zone, I usually just leave Archer in the cage and shut the back door.  Once she realizes she's out there alone and Archer is probably doing something cool, the mission becomes less interesting and she'll come inside with him.  Now.  If I find out Archer is the one who keeps digging a hole by the porch, slinging dirt all at the back door, his picture might be replaced and I'll show you what a good girl looks like.

Speaking of missions, remember I ran out of oatmeal last week or so?  I went to Kroger.  They didn't have any.  They didn't even have their version of it.  I didn't make it to Walmart, where they used to have their own better version but I did make it to HEB.  Still though, no Quaker Cinnamon & Spice but they did have their version of it.  Not wanting to make a trip to Walmart, I got the HEB brand.  The next morning I tried it and this might be the most awesome cinnamon oatmeal EVER.  It tastes so good (assuming my taste buds weren't just amped up from the nastiness of the gingerbread, leaving them jonesing for cinnamon & spice oatmeal.)  It is seriously some good cinnamon oatmeal.  The texture is a little different, more like homemade oatmeal.  Some might say that's a good thing but I'm just used to the instant packets where it's clearly NOT a bowl of fresh made oats.  (Like ballpark nacho cheese, you know it's not really chile con queso or anything but sometimes you just like it).  I might have a more definite answer today, after I have another bowl of it. [insert several minutes]  Well, since I had to get up and fix a bowl, I have an answer.  Yes, it's still delicious and the texture is still different.  Today, what the texture seems like is maybe while it is like regular oatmeal, it's like regular oatmeal that might need a little more time to cook.  This is my official stance on the HEB Cinnamon & Spice oatmeal, until it changes.

Now I'll go get started on chores since the sun is coming up way too early these days.  (We all know how I like to accomplish as much as possible before the sun comes up.)  Also, if I keep going, I might get into a rant on my official stance on all the witch hunts going on: sexual abuse/harassment, guns, the Dallas Cowboys...  It's too early for all that.  In the meantime, let's focus on Archer being a good boy.