i was looking through the

Christmas candy at Walmart the other day.  I probably should have picked up a few of these.


I think I'll need the sugar rush in a couple of hours... or minutes.  I've started prepping the sides for tomorrow.  Broccoli and rice casserole is in the refrigerator, sweet potato casserole is in the oven now and I've got plenty more to do.  I think I might do the pecan pie next but sheesh, it's going to be hard to keep my hands off of it.  In the past I've done pecan pie squares.  The good thing about the squares is that by the time Thanksgiving rolls around, nobody can tell that I've been eating them for a couple of days.  I'm just in the mood for the crusty goodness of an actual pie though and it'd be embarrassing to have everyone show up and only have half a pecan pie left.  I could do the dressing next.  That'll be easy for me to stay away from.  The Honey Baked Ham that's sitting in the refrigerator is another story.  I almost starting eating it as soon as I got it home.  As soon as I walked into the shop that smell got me.  I instantly saw myself picking off and munching on the sugary crust on the drive home.  YUM.  I didn't do that but I did have a brief conversation with myself about taking off and sampling a few slices.  Would anyone notice?  Maybe not but then maybe they would.  I decided to wait.  Oh my gosh.  The sweet potato casserole is smelling awesome.

I'm ready for lunch tomorrow.