spring cleaning has hit

and it's only a few months late.  Wait.  Did it hit me in the spring?  Probably.  It's hit again.  All I want to do is get rid of clutter.  Yesterday I put five bags out for recycling.  A couple of those bags were from emptying old 12-packs of soft drinks from the garage.  I don't normally throw out soft drinks but I know some of them had been sitting there for a year... at least.  Once Eric started drinking soft drinks again he was on Sprite Zero.  That lasted a while and then he moved on to Sprite.  Now he's on Dr. Pepper.  I threw out Sprite Zero yesterday.  I also threw out Diet Coke that Mom said didn't taste right the last time she was here.  Was that July?  There are a few more 12-packs out there that need to be thrown out but I'm thinking about just putting them next to the garbage can today. 

Oh, I'm also supposed to be cleaning out the freezers right now, according to my planner.  I have to get ready for Thanksgiving.  That and Kroger has Blue Bell on sale.  We've been trying to eat better so maybe we don't need both containers of Blue Bell.  Or maybe we do.  It's not like we've eliminated ice cream but the quest for the perfect milkshake hasn't been happening.  I did need a snack last night.


I'm calling this picture "When good people make poor choices".

So, back to that spring cleaning bug.  I told Eric (for the who knows how many times since August of 2016) that I SERIOUSLY need him to come clean and organize his corner of the garage and to not just reply with "Okay".  That's all I've heard for the last 15 months.  He replied.  "You got it."  I explained that I have no room.  On top of already being short on space and a mess out there, the city is issuing new garbage cans.  Instead of my two normal sized trash cans, we already have one 95 gallon can for garbage and are getting another for recycling.  That's fine.  The pain in my butt comes in the form of deed restrictions.  Our trash cans have to be out of sight so these two monster cans have to be stored in the garage.  Eric said he'll probably be here Friday to work on his stuff.  You see, I need his corner straightened up because I have more tubs of his stuff that need to stacked over there.  Oh, another thing on the planner for today is to clear off his bulletin board so it can go out there too. 

Crap.  The sun's up.  I'm already behind schedule.  It's time to take advantage of the spring cleaning bug bite.  Hopefully it'll leave a mark (on the house, not me).