this monday has me starting off

a little cranky.  I looked on fb.  Big mistake.  I read an article about a man in California being inspired by a mass shooting to destroy one of his prized possessions, an AR-15.  He is quoted in KPRC's article, "I can't do it.  I can't have something in my house that so easily could become a part of another situation like that, and I'm not going to be desensitized to it...".  This tells me he made the right choice.  Was he having violent urges?  Did he just admit to easily being capable of going on a shooting spree?  That's what it sounds like to me.  Anyway, that irritated me.

Then I scrolled down and read another article, this one about Jerry Jones.  The NFL owners are accusing him of damaging the NFL and acting against their best interest.  Stop. Right. There.  I know there are people who are boycotting the NFL and it has nothing to do with Jerry Jones.  The NFL was damaging itself but now the other owners wants to blame Jones?  It sounded to me like Jones was acting in the best interest of the NFL but then it all goes back to that witch hunt.  Whatever.

I'm done.  I'm done hearing about current events.  It only annoys me.

And all of a sudden does it seem like 2017 is trying to meet its death quota?  It's celebrities and nobody I know (thank goodness) but still. 

Enough of that talk.

I made something the other day.  I've seen things like it around, for sale and on Pinterest.  Anyway, I've had a frame sitting around that was Dodo's that had an old family picture in it.  I don't really want to display the picture because one of the people isn't even in our family any more.  (Would a person sitting for the camera be a poser?)  So I've had this frame and decided to make it into one of the things I've seen to hang old pictures on.  By old pictures, I mean pictures of grandparents.

I grabbed a can of spray paint but wasn't happy with it.  I went to Walmart and got a different color, along with tiny clothes pins.  I attached chicken wire once the paint dried and pinned the pictures on.

This is it.  It'll go on the wall in Eric's room.


This is a close up of a tiny clothes pin.  They're cute.


Today I'm going to take the pictures off and paint the chicken wire to match the frame.  I think I'd like it better that way.  I forgot to add that to my to-do list.  It's a long one.

Makes me think about Saturday afternoon when we just had El Toro, Cosme was watching tennis, Strat wasn't and I decided to take a nap.


Sounds awesome right now.  Unfortunately, there's no time for that.  Time to conquer that to-do list.