there was a time when

cleaning and organization videos had me going to Dollar Tree, looking for the next fabulous container to use.  I made myself stop.  I was buying bins and containers that I really didn't have any need for.  The other day I started watching Christmas decorating videos.  Sure enough, there were a few people who had gone to Dollar Tree for decorations but I didn't take the bait.  Fast forward to us getting the tree up.  I got it decorated and then there were a few ornaments I'd bought last year from Dollar Tree that I'd never used.  What the heck.  I went ahead and used them this year.  There was one in particular that I loved and I had two of them so I hung them.  Every time I saw them hanging there in their cheap, sequined glory, I wished I had more.

Yesterday morning I did it.  I went to Dollar Tree to see if they had more.  I knew the chances were slim.  I figured and told myself that was from last year and don't get upset when there aren't more.  No biggie.

There they were, lots of red and several other colors as well.  I bought more.  Don't forget this was Dollar Tree so everything in the store is always $1.00 (or less).  Guess what.  These come in 2-packs.  How could I pass up two red sequined ornaments for a mere dollar?  I couldn't.


Then I bought a gold sparkly reindeer.


I had to.  He matches the two I bought last year but never put up.


And I also got a mirrored gold thing.  I don't always go for bling but when I do, it's for the Christmas tree.


And then I made myself stop.

Then I went to Walmart and bought a strappy velcro brace thing because my back was hurting (and it still is).  On my way home I was thinking about the tree finally being finished.  Then I remembered I have clip-on flowers in the tub that still need to be put on.  I'll do that today and THEN the tree will be finished.

TCB level: beast mode.