my research was right and the

dishwasher needs a new circuit board and control panel.  No biggie, just $437.  I am serious about the price, totally sarcastic about the "no biggie".  That's more than half the price the dishwasher was new!  I ended up paying half, along with, even though I said I'd never do it, buying an appliance warranty... but I have my reasons.  They offer a home warranty but I've fallen for that once before and I won't do it again.  I only signed up for the appliance warranty and we're under contract for a year and it applies to any of our appliances no matter how old or where they were purchased.  The service call will only be $75 instead of $99 and anything they can't fix for under $500 will be replaced with something equal or better.  It kicks in December 30, except for the dishwasher that I get a discount on.  So you know what this means?  It means December 31, 2018 all the appliances will crap out on us.

In the meantime, I stopped at Carl's Jr. to pick up breakfast.  I need to go to the grocery store but didn't want to wait until then and plus, I really didn't want to dirty any dishes.  I told Cosme I thought I'd stop there and get something.  I added that I wonder if they'll get it right.  (They have ALWAYS messed up our orders.)  We laughed.

I ordered a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit but I was also eyeing some grilled cheese breakfast sandwich.  The sausage didn't sound good and I didn't see it with bacon so I went with the biscuit.


She asked if I wanted the combo and I said sure.  I pulled up to the window, paid, drove home and came inside and put my stuff down.  I went over to wash my hands and came back to dig in.


I pulled out two sandwiches.  I opened the first and it was a biscuit with sausage and egg.  I could only hope the next one was right.  It was.  I have zero interest in a biscuit with sausage and egg but at least my correct order was in the bag.  Oh well, looks like a couple of dogs will get treats this morning.

An unwanted free sandwich doesn't balance out the $200 dishwasher repair but it's something.  It's not like I'm going to take it back and it's not like somebody else would eat a sandwich I've had in my possession for the last 20 minutes that's now cold.  You know what would've been cool though?  If they'd messed up and that extra sandwich was the grilled cheese breakfast sandwich.  Not that I can say I would've enjoyed it but a free sample would've worked.