yesterday started off shaky and by

shaky, I mean I totally flipped.  It all started with Sears and that call I was waiting for.  I decided to call the 800 number again.  They needed a reminder that I was still here.  I lost my cool.  I told the phone rep what I thought about her, what I thought about Sears and everything in between.  It's way too much to type.  It had nothing to do with the repair techs, it was all about the Sears way of doing business.  To me, if someone had an appointment and the appliance wasn't fixed, the techs need to be paid overtime and the job needs to be finished.  Long story short, Sears doesn't think the same way I do.  By 10:00 I was asking myself three questions:

1.  Is 10:00 too early to start drinking?
2.  Is it drinking alone if I drink while the exterminator is here?
3.  Is drinking alone really all that bad if nobody finds out?

To answer the questions:

1.  If you wake up early, 10:00 could honestly be lunchtime so...
2.  No but he might think you're a lush.
3.  You'd have to ask someone who likes to blab about drinking alone.

I didn't drink alone but the sand tarts were ready and a had a few of those.  Hey, a girl's got to keep her energy up if she's going to be calling everyone up and giving them a piece of her mind.

I wish I could repeat everything I said.  There's just so much.  It all ended with me telling the lady on my second call (to complain formally) something along the lines of "I know you don't care and you're only telling me what you're supposed to tell anyone who complains.  I know this won't go any further than right here.  I don't care if you've pulled the phone away from your ear or muted the call while you're talking to the person next to you about how crazy I am.  I'm your customer and right now and I'm not happy at all.  All I can do is let everyone around me know not to be a sucker by calling Sears.  Thanks for your help, which was actually no help at all."  (End call with a hard push of the screen because slamming the receiver down isn't an option.)

There was just way too much.  I think I need another sand tart.  I let them know that I know that their repairmen are salesmen and their goal is to get me to sign up for a warranty.  I will take advantage of that warranty.  I will get my money's worth... assuming anyone ever shows up to fix stuff.  By the way, my washer stalled again yesterday.


The first lady had set me up with my callback appointment for the 18th. (DON'T get me started.)  She had it scheduled for yesterday and then she said it wasn't available.  "So two minutes ago it was available and now I have to wait 5 days?  This is ridiculous."  She apologized and I didn't want to hear it.  I told her to stop and just put me down for the 18th because things were about to get ugly.  She told me I could go online to check for sooner dates.  I went online and guess which date was available.  December 13th, you ask?  Yes.  December 13th.  I rescheduled.  Now ask me if they showed up.  Go on.  Ask.  (Even though you probably already know where I'm going with this.)

No.  They didn't show up. 


First clue they wouldn't show up?  What I underlined in red.  Second clue?  Green.  Oh, and guess what happens if they don't make your appointment for the scheduled time?  It's like it never happened.  "Oh, so I guess since nobody made the appointment today, they'll be here tomorrow?"  Nope.  Doesn't work that way.  That's bad business if you ask me.

I called later to find out how late I should wait and was told the tech was already off the clock.  I started a chat online and complained and finally got a link and email address to send a formal complaint.  Oh, I also got a $30 gift certificate.  I also might have said that if this is the way Sears does business, it's no wonder so many stores are closing.

Whatever.  I emailed a complaint.  I'm not expecting much, if anything. 

So now I'm back where I started except now I have an appointment for the 20th.  He told me I was put on a priority list.  They say that means that if anyone cancels between now and then that my appointment will be bumped up.  I think what it really means is "somebody needs to show up".  Assuming somebody comes, that will be perfect because Cosme should be here... in case I still need time to cool down.  Of course, then they'll need to order a part and then it'll be another 2 weeks before it's fixed.  Maybe I'll have a dishwasher by February.  Let's not forget the reason I called Sears to begin with (other than the fact that's where I bought the dishwasher), they could be here in two days versus the local appliance place which was a week.

I can't keep talking about it.  It's totally getting me worked up and honestly, this post might be all over the place but I'm not going back to double check.

I have a large Coke from McDonalds and I'm going to try to chill for a minute... before I unload my glorified drying rack.