when I heard that Cosme's work group

was going out for drinks yesterday, I decided I'd drop him off in the morning mainly so that we wouldn't have to leave his car in the parking lot overnight.  Once I heard about the weather forecast, I also wanted to do it because I had no plans of driving to Houston at 6:00 in the morning with ice and/or snow on the road.  And if it was icy, how long would his car have to sit there?

We all met at the bar and then went for dinner in Katy.  Right after we got home, the news reports were showing snow in Katy.  That's when I went on snow patrol.  I was having flashbacks of the night the hurricane hit but it was so much better with zero stress.  It was awesome.  I went to bed when the radar showed the snow area backing off from us.  I figured I wouldn't see any.  Then I woke up.  I peeked out the blinds and saw white and figured it was frost.  I put my glasses on and looked out the door.

"IT'S SNOWING!" 



You'd think I like the stuff.  I don't.  It's cold.  It's wet.  It's messy.  I don't like any of that but it's different and we rarely see it so it's cool.  I plugged in the Christmas lights and ran outside to get the full white Christmas effect.



Then I knew the dogs had to see it.  I couldn't wait to see their reaction.

They didn't like it too much.  They went to the bathroom and Archer sniffed around and they were ready to come back in.



We all fell back asleep and once the sun came up, Cosme and I went out to the front.


Down the street.

After throwing a couple of snowballs, we decided the dogs needed to be in on it.  We all went back out.



 They checked it out a little more and did a little bit of playing.


Then Maggie decided she's glad she lives on the Texas Gulf Coast.


Archer's inner Yankee came out.



Photographing a black dog in snow is hard.



Somebody liked the snow.

So while Maggie was always the water dog, Archer is the snow dog.

We tried to get Maggie to come out and play some more.


"No, I'm good.  Y'all go ahead."

It was exciting and now it's melting and going away and that makes me even happier.