i've always had a wild

imagination.  Well, maybe it's a mix of having a wild imagination and thinking the worst.  When I was little and Jaws came out, I was terrified of water beds.  Whenever I'd have to sleep on someone's waterbed, I'd balance on the padded edge.  My theory was that Jaws was in the mattress.  It was always stuff like that and that is why I'm so thankful today that we didn't have Elf on the Shelf.


I'm sure I'd be totally messed up if I had thought this guy was getting up and doing stuff around the house in the middle of the night.  I can't even imagine how 5-year-old Melanie would've handled it.  Three words come to mind: terrified, terrorized, traumatized.  My imagination couldn't have handled it, I'm pretty sure.

Enough of that.

I made a batch of cinnamon and sugar coated almonds yesterday.


Then I made myself a little sick from eating too many.  The dishwasher repairman should be here this morning.  Once it's fixed I'll make the pecan pie squares I didn't get around to making yesterday.

I made a trip to Walmart and saw these bandaids.


I picked some up since Eric is allergic.  I'm curious to see how how his skin reacts to these.

Now I need to follow Cosme over to Firestone so he doesn't have to wait there for his tire to be replaced.  Oh, he had a blowout on 288 this morning, still within the city limits.  Oh, and he's waiting on me so he can get it fixed and then drive to work.