I was starting to feel like

Even Steven yesterday.


I woke up making up and singing songs as I went about how awesome the day was going to be.  I was getting my dishwasher back. (WOOHOO!)  That's what I was looking forward to.  Cosme left and I started my blog post.  He called a few minutes later, not far from the house on 288 with a blowout. (whah whah... or however you'd spell the typical gameshow sound effect as "you just lost")  I drove down the road to shine my headlights to help out.  We came home.  When Firestone opened at 7:00, we called and checked on the tire availability and dropped the car off.  The dishwasher repairman knocked on the door at 8:00 (or close to it). (WOOHOO!)  After they got it up and going, they said I actually only needed one of the parts I ordered so I'd get a refund check in the mail.  (WOOHOO!)  Cosme had a coat in the garage and after the repairmen left, I headed over to the cleaners to drop it off.  I told him they do have same day service but I wasn't sure what the cutoff time was and it was already after 9:00.  I guess the cutoff time is 10:00 because they said the coat would be ready at 5:00.  (WOOHOO!)  Once I got home, I started my pecan pie squares and and Cosme got a call from Firestone.  They said his front two tires have a couple of bad spots and need replacing.  (whah whah...)  They didn't have the tires in stock so they needed to be ordered.  He's taking a few days off for Christmas so they'll hold the tires for him and hopefully nothing will happen between now and then and he can drop the car off next week and not have to miss another day of work.  (WOOHOO?) I pulled the pecan pie squares out of the oven and we went to get the car.  At this point, it would've been a waste for Cosme to drive into work because it was already after his lunchtime and by the time he got in and got going, it would have been close to quittin' time.  (whah whah... or WOOHOO!, depending on how you look at it)  We went to pick up bbq for lunch and came home to eat.  After eating, the guys showed up to mow (WOOHOO!) and we sat letting our lunch digest, trying to stay awake.  I got up to cut the pecan pie squares and put them on their platters.  I loaded the dishwasher, doing a mental happy dance if that's a thing.  This is more like it, no more glorified drying rack.


I hit start.  (whah whah...)  Same thing.  Nothing.  Every button would function and light up EXCEPT for the START button.  I called Sears back and they sent messages to the repairmen to call me back.  A couple of hours later I called Sears back to see what time I should expect a return phone call.  She messaged them again.  I got frustrated and started messing with buttons.  Even Steven showed up and the start button lit up.  I closed the dishwasher and it started.  (WOOHOO!)  I know it's not fixed but it still deserves a WOOHOO! since it at least got that load done.  Knowing they were coming to fix it yesterday, I wasn't going easy on the dishes.  I was taking advantage of the fact I was about to have a dishwasher again.  I'm hoping I'll hear back from them this morning.  Maybe it was that part they didn't think I needed that I might actually need.  Maybe that's the answer.  Maybe they haven't sent it back already and maybe they can come today to get it running.  I'm totally hoping for another WOOHOO! here, even if that means not getting a refund in the mail.  (whah whah...)

So, I still have empty space on the platters and need to fill them up.


That means today I need to bake more.  (whah whah...)  I've had two sticks of butter sitting out from when I made the raspberry bars, originally planning to make another batch.  Now I needed something else.  I thought about sand tarts.  I pulled out the recipe and it calls for two sticks of softened butter.  (WOOHOO!)

That's what I'm about to do.  I want to hurry and make the sand tarts because the exterminator is coming today and I want to get those out of the way.  There's also a birthday lunch today that I rescheduled things to other times/days for.  I didn't know if I'd be able to at first so I already have a present going in case I can't make it.  This means that I'm covered just in case anyone wants to come fix my dishwasher today.  (WOOHOO?)