every time I go into city hall

I see this sign on the door.


I don't really LOL when I see it but it makes me smile with a "hmmph".  Whatever that is.  I guess it just amuses me for some reason.  I'm sure if you go into city buildings of bigger towns, the signs read "firearms prohibited".  I like the way my town specifies.

The dogs have been spending a lot of time in the cage with all the cold weather.  This is how they were snuggling on Saturday.


And this is how the cats were snuggling on Sunday.


I was on my way to the store yesterday and I was taking a back road.  I started thinking about how horrible house fires are.  On my way back from the store, on that same road and in the same spot where I thought about how horrible house fires are, someone's travel trailer was engulfed in flames.

The trailer on fire was in front of the long trailer.  I did wait until I got into the back of the neighborhood before I took the picture.  I didn't want to be that person.

You see how my brain works?  I'm already a natural worrier.  When things like that pop into my head and then happen, it makes me worry more.  I should be drinking more.

I've got a lot of baking to do so I can wrap it and give as gifts, well, and keep a little for us too.  I'm trying to keep it simple until Tuesday, or at least tonight.  The dishwasher parts came and will be installed in the morning.  Until then I'm having to wash everything by hand but I'm definitely not worrying about taking up any counter space with drying rack.


I've got two big drying racks that can roll up and be tucked away without taking up any of my work space.  How's that for looking on the bright side?  Another bright side?  My refrigerator is making noises and my washer is acting up periodically.  Thank goodness for appliance warranties.  Right?

I finished two batches of Raspberry Shortbread Bars and they are divided on the platters.


Now I just need to figure out something else to put on there.  Sweeties is a regular cookie recipe on the rotation but they're seriously a pain to make.  Well, they're a pain when the dishwasher is out of order.  There's the bowl for mixing, I think a bowl and sifter, the mixer paddle, something to scrape the edges of the bowl, 2 cookie sheets, a cookie scoop, 2 cookie racks for cooling, a bowl for icing, a whisk for the icing... definitely not making sweeties.  I think I might do Pecan Pie Squares.  Yeah, that's something I feel like snacking on.

Remember that cardinal that was trying to get in the front door way back?


He's never gone away and I think my garland is just making him want to stay longer.  It's like he went from an Econo Lodge to The Ritz-Carlton.  If he asks me for restaurant recommendations or to book a massage, I'll direct him to the cats or dogs.  Problem solved.  And if I do hear the bird talking to me, it's because the worrying and dishwasher made me start drinking more... or not enough.