I had to go to Kroger on Friday

to use a coupon that was about to expire.  I noticed they were having a sale on some dessert things I'd seen but never bought.  I changed that.

First there was this.


A dessert in a mug.  You add three TBS of water and heat it in the microwave for 1 minute, 10 seconds and you have a cake.  There's no frosting but the confetti cake didn't really need it.  The strawberry shortcake could stand to have some whipped cream on top and I haven't tried the blueberry muffin yet.  Maybe this morning.  I mean the box does say sunrise on it.  I counted on their website and they have 18 flavors for the Perfect Size for 1.

Here's the confetti cake.  I thought it was fine the way it was but a little frosting never hurt anything.


It is a Duncan Hines product and they do sell tubs of frosting alongside their boxes of cake mix.  I might have to pick one up next time.

Here's the other thing I bought.
They have eight flavors/variations but I chose lemon.  It even comes with its own pan for you to bake it in... and frosting.

See?  Just pop it out and let it cool a little before using their lemon frosting.


And now for the frosting.

Wait.

What?


You mean to tell me Duncan Hines, who sells tubs of frosting, couldn't put ready-to-spread frosting in the box with this 6-inch cake?  By the way, it was on sale for either 1.49 or 1.99 when you buy four other products.  A regular cake mix that would give me TWO 8-inch cakes, one 9x13 or 24 cupcakes is cheaper.  This was a disappointment.  I know though, it's my fault for not reading the fine print aka directions and just assuming the Lemon Bliss Frosting packet was a packet of frosting and NOT a  Lemon Bliss Frosting MIX.  Long story short, I'd used my last two TBS of softened butter in the cake mix and didn't have the four TBS softened that I needed for the frosting.  I added extra water and just made an icing with it instead.


I won't complain about the taste because it was good but whatever.  I probably won't buy it again.

Speaking of losing weight, the road construction around Houston is a nightmare right now.  We were going to Eric's so I was looking on an app to check out where exactly 288 was closed and stumbled upon this.


Apparently there's a Krispy Kreme in Pearland.  I had no idea.  It's like one of those happy surprises where you put your coat on for the first time since last winter and there's money in the pocket... much different from when your packet of Lemon Bliss Frosting is only a MIX for Lemon Bliss Frosting.