i found a recipe on

Pinterest and decided to try it.  It's beer can chicken.  I could only imagine how juicy it would be.  Cooking a chicken with an entire can of beer in there?  I went to Specs and picked up some beer


I got it home and tasted it.  It tasted like beer.

I cleaned out the chicken, seasoned it, stood it up on the can and stuck it in the oven.


It all seemed good until it was time to cut the chicken apart... when there's a half full beer can stuck up it.  Oh, and it's all hot so don't touch anything.


We figured it out and had dinner.  I wasn't impressed.  I think a regular roasted chicken has more flavor and is easier.  Also, I could barely eat the breast because it was so dry, unlike the legs.  I won't make it again.

Speaking of birds, I went to check on the nest yesterday since we'd had that storm with high winds the night before.  The eggs are still there but you can't tell from this picture.


About the time I snapped it, the mother decided I was too close and came to check things out.  I got out of there fast.  Maybe I'll get a better look later.