i've been reading up on

some skin and stomach issues and decided that maybe trying to go gluten free for a while wouldn't hurt.  No, I didn't want to be one of those people that can't eat this and can't eat that.  I just wanted to see if there was a link.  I decided on Sunday I'd give it at least a week.  I'd been searching and pinning gluten free recipes and decided that starting Monday (yesterday) would be perfect. 

I woke up and wasn't thinking didn't care and had regular toast with breakfast.  I only had a thing of yogurt for lunch but a little later I needed a snack.  I don't know if Nacho Cheese Doritos are gluten free but I only had a few so we won't count those.  I picked up some gluten free flour and decided I'd make some sort of bread to go with the roast and potatoes we were having for dinner.  I found a recipe on Pinterest for garlic cheese biscuits, like the ones you'd find at Red Lobster.  I grabbed my gluten free flour and started mixing.


They looked good and the texture seemed right.


Wow.  They looked and smelled awesome.  So much butter and so much cheese.


I couldn't wait and had to sample one.  The edge was really good.  The middle was different.  The texture was a lot like the Brazilian cheese bread all the steakhouses serve, really gummy.  I finished the one.  I tried to have another with dinner but couldn't do it.  It was too much

Today I think my body's trying to teach me a lesson, like that whole "mess with the bull, you get the horns" thing.  I'll just say I've been a little nauseated this morning.  It has nothing to do with the rolls because I was totally fine last night.  I think it's just my body's way of telling me to quit trying to be sneaky and don't even think about an elimination diet again.  I promise, I won't do it again... not until it's the doctor's orders.