about ten years ago

I found a recipe for little snack things called Honey Bunches.  I lost the recipe and I thought I knew which blog I found it from but when I messaged the blogger, I never got a reply.  Hmph.  I kept searching, knowing it was somewhere.  Can you imagine all the results I got with Honey Bunches?  It was all Honey Bunches of Oats cereal and this recipe has nothing to do with cereal.  I decided to search her blog again and somehow, it showed up.  I wrote it down and now I'm putting it here for safekeeping.

Here's the crazy thing about Honey Bunches, they have two things I absolutely do not like: honey and coconut.


Honey Bunches
8 TBS butter
1 1/2 c quick cooking oats
1/2 c flaked coconut
1/2 c walnuts or pecans
4 TBS all-purpose flour
2/3 c honey
couple dashes of cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 and spray a mini muffin pan.  Melt butter in small, heavy saucepan over low heat.  Add honey to butter and bring to a boil, stirring often.  In a bowl, mix oats, coconut, nuts, flour and cinnamon.  Pour butter/honey mix over dry ingredients and mix well.  Press mix into 24 muffin cups.  Bake 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.  Let cool for 10 minutes.  Store in air tight container.

The original recipe called for equal parts all-purpose and wheat flour but I just use AP.  It also called for walnuts but I only had pecans and I liked how they turned out.  I also added the cinnamon because oatmeal and pecans need cinnamon.

Anyway, that's that.  Now, if I ever lose the handwritten copy, here it is and I don't have to go search the internet for Honey Bunches and only get results for Honey Bunches of Oats cereal... along with unanswered messages.