i gave myself two

options yesterday.  TWO OPTIONS.  Rest or TCB.  Easy decision.  I wanted to rest but thought I'd TCB.  Instead, I went with option three.  Why not take the dogs for a walk?

I let the dogs out for breakfast and brought them back in.  I guess I was feeling a little bad for them for being locked up but then I felt a little positive since they didn't try to run off (that I know of).  Why not reward them with a walk?  I planned to put the dogs on the back porch to leash them up.  Archer had other plans.  He took off in the house.  I led Maggie to the laundry room as a holding cell.  I finally got Archer back to the cage but I guess my yelling scared him.  He drizzled pee just before he got in.  I got him leashed up, went to the laundry room to get Maggie, and even though I've never needed it, I always take a doggie mess bag with a glove.  They were so excited.  It's not so much like walking dogs but more like going for a walk with resistance bands.  It's a lot of work.  I had the two leashes in one hand but I eventually got my music straightened out and put a leash in each hand.  Lauren called about that time so I had someone to talk to.  We got to what I consider the halfway point, the farthest intersection where we make the left turn to come home.  We stopped because there was a dog loose.  A little chihuahua was out using the bathroom.  Maggie and Archer really wanted to play with that thing.  I was trying to figure out a way to get them around it and when a truck slowed down to watch a crazy situation unfold, I decided we would just turn around and go home the way we came.  I fought the dogs and pulled to get them to leave the little dog.  Once I got them focused on getting home, I had to get the leashes untangled.  We walked a little way and Archer started trying to poop in a yard.  I pulled him and told him to wait.  Sure, I had the poop bag and glove but that would not only leave me picking it up but then carrying it home, putting both of the dogs back in one hand.  I just wanted to get home at that point.  We almost made it to the first corner and Archer started walking weird and crapping on the sidewalk, leaving a trail of turds.  Hot turds on concrete.  Wow.  I was really looking forward to picking that up.  I immediately start telling him to get in the grass, GET IN THE GRASS.  He didn't.  At least Maggie did.  I turned to see her squatting in the grass.  When she finished, I got them both onto one arm while I used one bare hand and one gloved hand to start picking up sidewalk turds.  It didn't take long for me to need more gloves, bags, and paper towels.  I didn't want to leave because other people were out walking and leaving for work.  This was not the first fb post I expected or wanted for the day.  I posted on the neighborhood page, letting that address know.

Like the added touch for blocking out their address?  I thought the color change was appropriate.

I left the one little bag on the sidewalk, full of dog mess, while I took them home and got more cleaning supplies.  I got the dogs put away, grabbed more stuff and drove back to the scene of the accident.  I slowly filled my bigger plastic bag with the smaller doggie bags and paper towels.  I say slowly because it was a slow process.  It's hard to be fast when you have your mouth and nose in your shirt while gagging and trying not to lose your breakfast.  I just hoped the surrounding security cameras weren't catching all this, or any of the houses with their blinds open.  I wasn't about to be someone else's entertainment... or make a bigger mess.  I ran out of paper towels but luckily had a roll of toilet paper in the car.  It was bad, really, really bad.  I finally got it done and made it back home to get the garbage out.  Oh, I remembered to clean up Archer's pee drizzles too.


I am really feeling it this morning.  I hurt almost everywhere.  I would go for morning walks pretty regularly before surgery and that was my first one since.  Go big or go home, right?  It wasn't pleasant pulling back on 120 pounds for a mile and it really doesn't feel pleasant this morning.  I think next time I'll try it with no resistance bands.  If I'm ever feeling generous again, I think I'll stick to one dog at a time.  I don't know what I was thinking.  I do know what I'm thinking this morning though: I sure hope that ibuprofen kicks in soon.  That was a serious workout for a couch potato.

This reminds me.  I need to go do the litter box.