i was really dragging on

Friday.  When I woke up, I just really didn't want to get out of bed.  I knew I had stuff to do but I had zero energy and just wanted to stay in bed.  Cosme opened the bathroom door and thought I saw a dark spot on the blinds.  I turned my lamp on, grabbed my glasses, and bam.


There was no resting with that thing on the loose.  I imagined it crawling into one of my pillows and me waking up with a bite the next morning.  Or even worse, what if it ran off and ended up biting the baby?  I didn't even know if that particular breed was capable of biting but I did know I had to get up at that point.  I was kind of hoping he would be the jolt I needed to wake up.  He wasn't.  I was up and moving but it was slow motion.  Today the dragging doesn't matter.  It's Presidents Day so I won't be babysitting.  I do need to run errands though.  I'm trying to think of every possible errand I might need to run for the week.  Oh no, I need to plan and make lists... my favorite!

I have a confession to make.  Before yesterday, I'd never made sweet tea.  Never.  In my defense though, I never needed to.  I've made unsweetened plenty of times but have never needed sweetened.  A while back we ordered tea at Chicken Express.  Instead of getting sweet or unsweet, we asked for half and half.  It's kind of been an obsession since then.  Fast forward to yesterday and I decided I'd make some.  I, a person born and raised on the Texas gulf coast, looked up how to make sweet tea on Pinterest.  When you pin things, your friends and followers see so there was NO WAY I could save it on my Beverages board.  Can you imagine?  That would be humiliating.  I imagined the How to make Southern Sweet Tea thumbnail showing up on everybody's feeds, right there with my name attached to it.  No, absolutely not.  So I found a recipe on a blog from... a non southerner... gasp.  I read over the recipe several times and closed it out.  I started the tea but cut the sugar by half and guess what.  It's really good.  So, if there's anybody out there who needs to know how to make sweet tea, I'm your gal.  Something tells me though, in this age of K-cups and Stevia, nobody else cares.  That's fine though.  I'll just sit right here and enjoy another glass of half sweetened/half unsweetened tea while everybody else misses out.  My biscuit game might be way off but I'm making up for it with the sweet tea.  I wonder if that non southerner has a good biscuit recipe...

Speaking of biscuits, I need breakfast.  I need to make lists and get to the stores too.  It's amazing how much oomph I have when I don't really need it.  It must be the tea.