Saturday began with

me needing a restart button and something stronger than a Coke.  I don't even feel like going over it all but to sum it up in order of occurrence: a leak, a gate, a scrape, and a hospice call.  

We all went to visit Cosme's parents and Eric drove us in his truck.  The day ended with us, Eric, Paige, and the baby stopping at Texas Roadhouse.  After dinner, we dropped Paige and the baby off at their place while Eric drove us home.  This was my view down 288.


This was the view when we got home and I was outside with the dogs.


This was a few minutes later when the dogs came in.


Wait.  That's not our ball.  When Maggie started to come inside, I shut the door, only seeing something in her mouth and not realizing it was only a ball.  Once my brain registered round, yellow, ball and not blood, fur, critter, I let her in.  I did take the ball from her so that we would still have it the next morning.

Sunday was less eventful, thankfully.  I ran some errands, tried a chicken recipe in the crockpot, and started more chicken in another crockpot to prep for another meal.  I'll report back on that one when I finish putting it together, maybe tomorrow.  I was basically in meal prep boss mode, but only a few steps away from beast mode.  It finally hit me that if I get as much done on the weekend as I can, it'll be less of a rush during the week.  I know that's simple and obvious but when it comes to being busy during the week, it's hard to take the time for more work during down time.  Speaking of which, I really should start more french bread right now.  Anyway, I did try a new recipe on Friday and I just don't know.

It's THIS recipe from Pinterest for Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches (Crack Chicken).


I had the ingredients and it sounded simple so I threw it together and three hours later, dinner was served.  I say I had the ingredients but I didn't have hoagie rolls so I figured we'd use burger buns. Once it was done and I tried a little, I didn't want it on a bun.  It needed crunch.  I sliced some french bread pretty thin and toasted it in the oven.  I think I should have made more bacon too.  I also might could have added the bacon to the chicken mix instead of sprinkling on top.  In the end, this was something that would make a good dip.

This is pretty much the week of the chicken.  By Friday, or possibly even this evening, I think we'll all be ready for a week of the cow.  Oh well, that's not what I bought.  I bought chicken and a lot of it.

I have to start the french bread.  If I sit in this chair one minute longer, I might just pass out.  I think I need caffeine.  STAT.