part of me is saying

go back to bed.  The responsible part is saying TCB.  That first part also had me wondering if the computer had a virus or was crapping out while the other part told me to look down at the keyboard, where I saw a magazine's corner was resting on the RETURN key.  I guess I'll listen to the responsible part.  I can always rest when the baby does.  But will I?  Probably not.  I'll be awake by then.  I'll look back on this moment and think about the sleep I should've gotten.  The first part of me is being a little dramatic.  I don't know why I'm so tired.  I was asleep before 10:00, maybe even 9:30.  I feel like I slept really well.  I just want more of it.

Speaking of wants, I wanted a dessert the other day and thought about a Chocolate Sheet Cake but then I remembered the sugar cookie bars I'd been looking at on Pinterest and All Recipes.  I went with the sugar cookie bars and picked THIS recipe I found on AllRecipes.com.


They were fine.  I wasn't blown away and I could probably go without making them again.  I don't know.  It just wasn't really what I had in mind.  I probably could have done without the almond flavoring.  While I do LOVE almond extract, I don't associate it with sugar cookies.  Also, I could have left it out of the frosting too.  It almost reminds me of an almond sheet cake I've made.  It's like if that almond sheet cake were dry.  I don't know what to make of it.  We're eating it and I don't hate it, it's just not what I expected for a sugar cookie bar.

I'm signing off.  The longer I sit here, the more I think I should give myself just another few more minutes of rest.  I'm not accomplishing TCB or rest and that wasn't one of my options.  I'll admit that little piece of sugar cookie bar did give me a little burst of energy.  That's it!  It's an energy bar!