i got one more thing

scratched off my to-do list.  I've been wanting to take back the front room for myself.  It was my creative space to do whatever I wanted.  Sure, I shared it with the cats but that was fine.  It's been collecting stuff, like guitars and miscellaneous stuff.  This weekend I went in there and dusted and cleared out and reclaimed my space.  It was pretty nice.  I did one thing even more special.  I changed the light bulbs in the fan.  I couldn't reach it with my old ladder.


I won't say how long those bulbs have been out.  Anyway, it's back to being my space again.  I still have a couple of other things to do but it's no biggie.  Once I came to a stopping point though, I didn't know what to do.  I wanted to do something but I didn't know what.  I just sat there and listened to music instead, thinking about what I could do.  I spent Sunday thinking about what I could do.  Here we are on Monday morning and I still don't know what I want to do... but the space is there when I figure it out.  Let's hope I figure it out before the room needs dusting again.

I made breakfast yesterday.  I made bacon and eggs but instead of toast, I thought I'd try another small batch biscuit recipe I found.  I used THIS one from Pinterest.  I've come to a realization.  I can't make biscuits.  I followed the recipe, like I always do, and this is what I got.


My flattened dough disks actually had a good flavor this time.  Why can't I make biscuits?  That seems like one of the most basic southern things that people have been doing forever.  It's not like I'm trying to make a croissant, I'm not even trying anything with yeast.  I'm trying to make biscuits.  Like, who can't make biscuits?  Other than me.  I don't even LOVE biscuits but every once in a while I just want something different.  Whatever, I'll stick to frozen Grand biscuits.  Maybe one day soon, when I'm not feeling so deflated, I'll come across another biscuit recipe.  That's not today.  You know though, looking back at the recipe, my biscuits don't look much different from the original poster's.  Maybe I'm not as far off as I feel.

I think I'll go for a walk this morning.  Solo.  No dogs allowed.  Watch this also be the morning some random loose dog comes and attacks me because I didn't have backup with me.  I guess I could walk them one at a time but that means I'd have to start around 6:30.  I also wouldn't feed them breakfast first.

Okay, I'm going to start my morning chores and I have 30 minutes to decide if I want to take two 1 mile walks or stick to one shorter walk and get attacked by a random loose dog.  Neither sounds like fun.