i've never had a green

thumb.  When Poppie died, Dodo made me take a plant.  I told her I couldn't keep a plant alive so she gave me an ivy because nothing can kill those.  A week later I had a dead ivy on my hands.  The funny thing is, I got an azalea after Dodo's funeral and Cindy told me those are really hard to care for.  One year later and mine's still blooming.  I don't know.  I did put a little more effort into the azalea since I knew it would be harder.  I gave it Miracle Gro at first and even brought it inside during the cold weather.  It could drop down to freezing tonight so I guess I'll need to drag the azalea in.  I've been eyeing my other pots that had herbs.  Once the cold weather decides to calm down, I'll go buy some more stuff to redo it all.  I did take the time to pull a few weeds the other day and you'll never believe what I found.


Look at that.  Don't know what that is in the middle of all the weeds?  I'll give you a hint.


My chives made it!  There aren't as many, yet, but just give it time.  Really, chives are what I used most of the herbs I had/have so I knew that would be one of the things I replanted.  Looks like I won't need to after all but I might add another in there just to have plenty.  As much as I like rosemary, I didn't really use a lot of it.  I did use a lot of my basil so I'll definitely stick to that one.  I'd like to have cilantro but it didn't do well in the past.  Maybe I'll give it another shot and put it where the rosemary was.  I've thought about getting a pot for strawberries and I might still do that.  Everything I plant has to go in the front yard because of the dogs.  If you don't remember the ill-fated strawberries and clementines, you can refresh your memory here.  I'm still a little bitter.  I'm sure I'd have a flourishing clementine tree right now and wouldn't be paying $5 for a bag.

Oh, if you browse around to different posts around that time, you'll also find a recipe for a snack called Honey Bites.  Whatever.  If I ever need to look it up, I can find it under Honey Bunches or Honey Bites.  That doesn't matter because they don't require any herbs that I might grow in one of my pots.

I've got to TCB now.  I've got errands to run and chores to do.  I also need to research pots for strawberries.